Thursday, December 31, 2009

First Snow!


Two days ago Trent got to experience his very first snow. News channels described it as a "sneaker snow storm" - no one had been expecting it at all, and I'm glad my puppy got to experience the good ol' white stuff.

He just couldn't get enough of it. I don't think he noticed it when it first came down. We were going on our afternoon walk when the snow started coming down fast, and Trent just shrugged it off. When we let him out in the backyard, however, and there was a good layer of snow on the ground, Trent went, to say the least, crazy. He zoomed and zipped around and flung himself onto the snow like you wouldn't believe. He jumped up and down and all over the place and was full of absolutely contagious excitement. I had fun running and chasing him and chucking snowballs his way (snowballs, which, he ate quite eagerly).

I also took the chance to grab my camera. Though I didn't get any videos (I blame the memory card), I was able to wrap my camera up in a Ziploc bag and get a few good pictures. He moved so fast, even though my camera was on hi-speed burst mode, more than 2/3 of the 200-300 pictures were blurs. Luckily, the other 1/3 came out well and I even got a few good action shots.

There was still some snow the next morning, and Trent had fun catching more snowballs and inhaling the snow, and even got to play with a couple of his doggy friends who live in the neighborhood. Together, they just had a blast, and it was only when my feet were almost frozen off that I had to drag both of us inside. The snow's pretty much all gone, now, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a bit more of it either in January or February. With the crazy Oregon weather, you just never know!


4 comments:

  1. I saw the pictures on the forum, and they are adorable. I can't believe how big he's gotten - really, so regal and mature! What a gorgeous boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like soooooo much fun! I want it to snow here dang it! Argh!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♫HAPPY NEW YEAR♫ PAWty ON

    Here's to another year of friendship and smiles and holding up each other through the trials. Over the past year you have brought us many giggles, some laughter and always a feeling that the world is a better place because you are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! How fun! I wonder if dogs' feet ever get cold from snow. Is one of the pix of Trent trying to eat a snowball?

    ReplyDelete