Friday, October 16, 2009

Starting a Blog!


My overall view of blogs is as follows: they are like diets - something I've started more often than once, gave up on completely, only to eventually grit my teeth and try again. Hopefully I can stick with this one, but that's what we all say about diets, too...

My name is Grace and I'm the lucky mommy of Trent, my young, 8 month old German shepherd puppy - aka a 70 lb black and tan tank of fuzzy craziness. He's smarter than is good for him, has quite the personality, and is the love of my life. He's no Schutzhund prospect, no show quality dog, but he's the puppy who's made me discover more about myself and what it means to be a dog's companion in a few short months than I could have ever learned in a hundred years. He's the puppy who I'll always continue learning from and raise for me innumerable questions about the true, underestimated intelligence of dogs. And he's the puppy who will continue to be one of the most important parts of my life, for the rest of my life.

(He's also the puppy who shredded my $120 Spanish textbook)

On this blog, I'll be writing about our accomplishments, our goals, our stories, and just being able to share our lives together. If I'm feeling especially mean, I might even post about the secret life of the resident kitty kat, Bree.

Hope you follow us and watch both of us grow and change, and through these blog posts, come to enjoy my Trent as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggy world! Blogs rock!! Can't wait to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I'm so excited for a Trent blog!

    Giggling about the Spanish book part. Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all in the joy of owning a puppy! Pft. Someday, I will go back and laugh at this, I know I will...

    But I'm pretty excited for this, too. Everyone's blog looks so great, I think I'll actually stick with this one :) Trent thinks I should.

    ReplyDelete